One Day at a Time
Today, we did a little shopping - picked up some light fixtures, and stopped to look at a patio showroom. I'll go into detail about that later.
I quit smoking a while ago (yes, again) and I've been having trouble with it. The cravings were making me crazy, and it just wasn't getting any better. I was really suffering, I felt like crying all the time. Since buying a pack of cigarettes isn't an option, we went to the pharmacy to see what they suggested. I've been using the patch, but I was ready to get some Valium from the doctor, it was that bad. Well, the nice lady at the pharmacy suggested that I try the gum, and the inhaler. So that's what I'm going to do. Maybe the patches stop working after a while? So, I popped a piece of gum, and carefully chewed it according to the directions, and... aaahhhh. I told him I think my shoulders relaxed about 3 inches. That knot inside has unknotted. It's not perfect, but at least I don't feel I could kill someone for a puff. So, maybe, I can now concentrate on kicking the psychological habit. In the morning, I'll puff on the inhaler, and use the gum during the day. And hopefully, put my addiction behind me. At least now I can think it might be possible.

2 Comments:
Yeah, go girl. As long as you're not smoking I'm HAPPY!!!! Thanks for your entries... they really are wonderful!
Love to you both..
Am so glad for you. Wish I had so gum here!!!
Maybe I can persuade them to make a BODY patch because thats the only way I believe those patches will work. God bless you for trying and hang in there.love ya!!!!
mom
Post a Comment
<< Home