May 15, 2005

News


parrots
Originally uploaded by ozgirl36.
Stephen gets a newspaper from Britain, it's available on newsstands here, that is a weekly digest of news. I really wish there was such a thing for the U.S. Or maybe there is, and I just don't know about it. The only American paper available here is...wait for it... The National Enquirer. I laughed so hard when I first saw that. I can (and do)keep up with U.S. news online, but I still like to have a newspaper to read, you know?
Speaking of newspapers. A couple of days ago, a water main burst down in the city. Big deal, you say? Well, it flooded half the city before they got the water shut off. (Remember what I've said about their efficiency here?)And, part of the highway is still shut, I think. So the headline in today's paper was "The Day Perth Stood Still!" We both had a laugh over that. A broken water pipe brought the city to a grinding halt.
I posted a couple of better pictures of the parrots.

5 Comments:

At May 15, 2005 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi CeCe,
Yes there is a newspaper that summarizes the news, I think it's the NY Times herald. I'll need to look it up. It's what I got in Germany and Kelley gets in Wales.

 
At May 16, 2005 10:31 AM, Blogger cc said...

ooh, thanks for the info. i'll see what google has to say.

 
At May 25, 2005 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, did u try the international herald tribune? the news about the US is unfiltered and slanted towrds the truth (UNLIKE) here!!! anyway i love the parrots and i have a flock is it a gaggle or whatever it is here near my place in miami! anyway maybe tomorrow i will have some fab news to post, so pray for me on this
love ray

 
At May 27, 2005 9:21 AM, Blogger XO said...

I like your blog! :)

 
At May 27, 2005 11:43 AM, Blogger cc said...

well, thank you very much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home