July 21, 2005

At The Gym

Yesterday I went to the gym, had my fitness test... let's just say I didn't pass. It was very depressing to see in numbers how much weight I've put on, how generally unfit I am. On the other hand, the trainer I worked with was really nice, really enthusiastic, and she made it really easy for me. I actually enjoyed it, and if I can coax my thigh muscles into it, I'm going back today. She put me on the elliptical trainer(like cross country skiing) and I did 3 minutes. Oh, I've got so far to go, but I feel good about my chances of getting there. Hopefully this summer, I'll be showing off a toned body, with a couple of new tattoos.
Living out in the country means septic system. Which have to be cleaned periodically. The lid for the tank is somewhere under the patio...I think. I've been doing a little excavating this morning, pulling up bricks. When the former owners pointed it out to us, I thought "Yeah, no bother, that'll be really easy to remember." Now, anyone who knows me even slightly is laughing their ass off at that. Isn't it amazing how we can deceive ourselves...me thinking I had a hope in hell of remembering it without writing it down. Well, I'm paying for that bit of vanity right now, I'll tell you.

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2005 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there.
Just be glad that it is winter now and you can have a head start before shedding those heavy cloths. Good luck. you can do it.
Just remember to feed that monster of a septic tank weekly, They get very fickle when ignored. They will let you know they are HERE!!!! Feed me! Feed me!
Diet is very simple. Good luck!!!

 
At July 25, 2005 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I think every woman has thigh issues, well at least in our family. You're lucky to have a trainer, the pounds I've packed on will have to be lost by my own will power.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home