July 26, 2005

Take My Money, Please

Yesterday was my weekly session with the trainer, Esther. I know I'm really lucky to have her, she's very enthusiastic and supportive. I look forward to going everyday. I even did 5 minutes on the cross-trainer, which is 5 more minutes than I did last week. Baby steps. It took me a while to get in this shape, it'll take a while to fix it.
Last week, Stephen came home with 4 or 5 tubs of ice cream, (to take down to put in his son's freezer). Who do you suppose was in line behind him at the checkout? My trainer, Esther. She was so amused ( it is a funny story), she had to share it with Stephen's trainer, Bernard. (And it is a funny story.)
We've been trying to make some changes here, get people in to do some work like putting in new gates outside, and new windows inside. It is really hard to get anyone to even return a call. They're so casual about the possibility of new business, it's hard for me to grasp. "Oh, you want to give me money? I can't be bothered right now, maybe I'll be in touch next week." And it's not an isolated case, we run into it all the time. On the bright side, we don't ever have to worry about Australia taking over the world.

4 Comments:

At July 29, 2005 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much icecream did you have? I had a cup yesturday it was delicious. Anyway, glad you're feeling better about being fit. Love to you

 
At August 04, 2005 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, hurrah that you're making the effort girl!!! Baby steps are better than no steps at all. I'm doing tai chi mornings ( 7am) here in a park in Chinatown with a bunch of women ( I think only one really speaks English). The teacher is 76 years old, average age 60ish. They are kicking my b**t. So hang in there. Think how great you'll look by Christmas. Love you

 
At August 10, 2005 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl. I finally have time to read your blogs. They are so funny. I understand about forgetting things it comes with age. Bless you little one and keep working out. You are going to be soooooo fine come summer.

 
At August 10, 2005 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure do admire you both for even sticking to it.
It shows me that I need to do something even if it is just walking.
It must be nice to live in a place where there is no stress and people don't take life so serious as we Americans do. Good for the Aust. That was how it was when I was a child. Too bad we can't go back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home