August 27, 2006

You want fries with that?

Right, hope you enjoyed the pictures of our trip. I'm working on a post about our trip to Margaret River, so check back tomorrow for that.
In the meantime, I have a little bit of Aussie culture to share with you. Every now and then I get the taste for a burger. (You know how it is.) Of course Mickey D's is everywhere, but I'm a Burger King kind of gal. Burger King here is actually known as Hungry Jack's. Feeling adventurous, I got an Aussie Burger.


Lets look closer, shall we?

Yep, that looks like a Whopper to me. Alright then. What's that you say? What is it that makes this an Aussie Burger, instead of a plain jane Whopper with cheese, you ask?

Let's look a little closer, then.

Under the hood, so to speak:




Well, now I see. That, my dears, is beets. On a burger. Aussies love beetroot (as they call it). There's also bacon and egg on it. I don't have a problem with that though. I happen to think that bacon and egg is a wonderful innovation in burger technology.

I can't get behind the beets, though.

5 Comments:

At August 28, 2006 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol I wonder what else beets are in

 
At August 28, 2006 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they are related to the Canadians. because there pickled turnips are the thing. They put them on a lot stuff!!!!
Walter has been there long enough to say Hey mom try it you will like it. NOT!!!!
Just lets you know there are a lot of things to experience in this lifetime.

 
At August 28, 2006 6:51 AM, Blogger cc said...

They put beets in everything they can. Like chocolate cake.

 
At August 30, 2006 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beets? Tell me it aint so? How did it taste? Mom likes beets but I don't think I could stomach it. How was the actual patty?
BTW the pic are beautiful., it looks so clean and peacful there. Well did u guys enjoy the places, BTW, where r the people? There seems to never bee any people in those shots, is this an escaped Twilight one that I missed?

 
At September 11, 2006 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh.....That looks pretty discusting. Mariah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home