Just Another Day in Paradise
Last week, we took some clothes to the drycleaners in town. I had a couple of designer skirts, silk, that I sent. When they came back, they were hung with these metal clips that had put holes in one of the skirts. Stephen took it back to them, and showed them the damage. Later that day, the owner called - and here's where it gets weird- he started right in abusing Stephen. Cursing at him, the whole nine. Well. I was dumbfounded. Australia has set the bar pretty low for customer service, but still, that's a bit much. The next day, we get another call - from the owner. It turns out that it was his senile father who had called the day before, and he made every effort to repair the damage. Even offered us free drycleaning. (As if I'm ever sending them any more clothes. "We don't see many silk skirts" he said. Yeah, no kidding.) But, it's nice that he made the effort, and he really needs to keep his father away from the customers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home