August 14, 2005

Sweatin' to the Oldies

The gym is going good. At my first fitness assessment, the trainer had said that it's easier to get back into shape, as opposed to never having been fit. (I thought she was just saying that to make me feel good). This week, I had noticed that the aerobic portion of my workout was getting easier. After only a couple of weeks, my heart is working much more efficiently, and I had to nearly double my effort to get my heart rate where it needs to be during exercise. (Above 135 bpm, if anyone cares.) Two weeks ago, I wouldn't even look at the cross trainer, now I'm doing 10 minutes, at a fairly good clip. I have high hopes for creative visualization; I visualize my thighs and butt getting smaller and tighter as I exercise. Stephen is doing quite well, too. Only, the bike gave him irritation in a fairly sensitive spot. We got some diaper rash cream at the pharmacy- I can't imagine what they think of us there. I keep telling him we need to start patronizing a few, those women know way too much about what goes on with us - and they're not shy about asking, either.

1 Comments:

At August 19, 2005 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cece,
Glad to hear the work is paying off. Keep it up!!! My best to Stephen ( by the way, maybe you should start ordering on-line for those special creams, etc ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home