Katrina
I know that everyone and their cousin has linked to this on their blog, but it bears repeating.
Boing Boing
Hurricane Katrina will likely be one of, if not the largest natural disaster in American history. I'm watching the news reports, and I can't believe that this is the U.S. I'm seeing. Is this the best we can do? I don't know enough about what sort of preparations the city of New Orleans made before the storm hit, but I do know that blaming the victims is exactly what I'd expect from this admininstration. It's so easy to say they should have evacuated when ordered to. I say that the government could have taken one more step and made sure that the very poorest had some way to actually get out town. You know, due to the fact that one quarter of the population there is below the poverty level.
Is this the best we can do? I watch the coverage, and it's heart-wrenching. This will infuriate you.

1 Comments:
Hey Sis,
I am at Mom's so I can actually write to you. My computer has a virus thanks to your neice. So I have been reduced to haing to run to Mom's for help.
Seems like that you have the same feeling that the rest of the country has. We are the second or third richest country in the world and we can't even take cae of our own people. What kind of crap is that!!!! Well Mom is on my neck I feel the heat from here so I will write again when I get back to Mom's. I love you sis!!!
Warren I think I want to change my name to Waun like the Chinese but I need to have my eyes fixed first!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home