Police Gnome
Stephen saw this today on the BBC website, and called my attention to it - and I knew I had to share it with you all.
Arrest Threat Over Garden Gnome.

Police have taken a dim view of a man's glowing garden gnome and threatened him with arrest unless he removes it.
The solar-powered policeman figure stands sentinel in the garden of Gordon MacKillop's home in Treovis, near Liskeard.
His neighbour, former policeman John McLean, says the gnome is annoying and upsets buyers viewing his home.
Now police have served Mr MacKillop with a notice for "placing a garden gnome with intent to cause harassment".
Mr MacKillop said he bought the gnome to deter criminals, after his motorcycle was stolen from his drive.
"It just happened that it had a police uniform on," he said.
"I'm not having the police telling me what type of garden gnome I can have in my garden.
"This is a standard gnome I bought from a retail store. If they are considered to be harassing they should be withdrawn from sale."
Nothing I say here could be funnier than " placing a garden gnome with intent to cause harassment."
I am so very happy we don't live in the UK.

3 Comments:
This is so funny! When I was visiting Canada, Walter told me about someone stole a gnome from someones garden and sent pictures from al the places they went on vacation. No name just pictures. They published them in the local paper and asked to please return if found.
ok,ok,ok,ok,ok, have they nothing else to do in the UK? Jesus et a grip!!! But it was kind of funny, or is it sad? I can figure out which one is worse the nieghbor or the owner with suck horrid taste in gnomes, surely he could of found a nice little ferry to scare away crooks?
I find that so funny!!!! What is the big deal with the uniform!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home